Pages

Shop at etsy

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vintage women's clothing and marketing

What does this ad say? To you? I'm older now, and the ad/photo would not bother me to death, like it used to as a young feminist. But here she is changing a tire! That's bad ass :) I worry a lot less about advertising. That just comes with age. The complacency. A shame to admit to the complacency however I do, still notice, this marketing towards women. It's been happening for centuries. Love it and hate it as well. As a vintage clothing and fashion blogger I look for images, I see these and my brain hurts. Why do we fall for the mass engineered stereotype of the woman? Consumers that like vintage and resale push those limits and stereotypes. They dress with individuality and a flair the masses do not share but highly admire. Step inside a thrift/vintage store and explore, ask for help. Step outside your box :)

3 comments:

  1. Vintage clothing is fun to wear and brings a lot nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice Blogs here I want to share a link of best online shopping store check out best variety of women's clothing.

    Buy Women Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete